WARM UP (5-10 MINUTES)
How has this study, reading Philippians, and this group experience helped you over the last month?
DISCUSSION (25-30 MINUTES)
To get the most out of this group discussion, let’s agree to some ground rules:
- There are no perfect people allowed, so we won’t “fake fine” or pretend to be something we’re not.
- We aren’t here to fix each other, so we won’t advise each other unless asked. We’ll stick to listening and encouraging.
- We’ll keep our sharing short so that everyone is able to participate.
- We’ll keep what we hear to ourselves since each person’s story is theirs alone to share.
- We’ll show up and join in because everyone’s input matters and helps.
- What stood out to you most from the video?
(This is a great chance for everyone to share something! Use the Study Guide to think back through the teaching.)
- What part of the Serenity Prayer do you need most in your life right now?
- How does what you’re feeding your mind affect how you live?
- Is Christ displacing worry from the center of your life?
- What’s the most practical thing you can do moving forward to put what you’ve learned in this study into action?
WRAP UP (5 MINUTES)
Ask if anyone has any prayer requests. Pray for those requests together, and pray that your group members would to stay connected to Jesus and be grateful, even in the midst of challenges.
You can even use the CALM Prayer Method:
- Celebrate God’s goodness
- Ask God for help
- List things you are grateful for
- Meditate on things that are true