WARM UP (5-10 MINUTES)
It will take a few minutes for everyone to get on the call, so make some small talk until everyone is there. A little silence while you wait is okay, too! Once everyone is in, start with these questions.
If you’ve got any new people in the group that weren’t there for the first meeting, have them share…
- How did you find RLCM and how long have you been around?
- What are you looking forward to this study?
- How did your “assignment” go from last week? Remind everyone what you wanted to put into action and share how it went.
DISCUSSION (25-30 MINUTES)
To get the most out of this group discussion, let’s agree to some ground rules:
- There are no perfect people allowed, so we won’t “fake fine” or pretend to be something we’re not.
- We aren’t here to fix each other, so we won’t advise each other unless asked. We’ll stick to listening and encouraging.
- We’ll keep our sharing short so that everyone is able to participate.
- We’ll keep what we hear to ourselves since each person’s story is theirs alone to share.
- We’ll show up and join in because everyone’s input matters and helps.
- What stood out to you most from the video?
(This is a great chance for everyone to share something! Use the Study Guide to think back through the teaching.)
- In what ways does pride play out in you?
- How does pride disguise itself in you?
- How can you stop letting pride take control in your life?
- What’s the most practical thing you can do this week to put what you heard into action?
Ask everyone to share, write it down, and be ready to talk about how it went next week!
WRAP UP (5 MINUTES)
Ask if anyone has any prayer requests. Pray for those requests together, and pray that your group members would to stay connected to Jesus and be grateful, even in the midst of challenges.
Before closing, encourage people to re-read and reflect on Philippians 2, and before your next group meeting.